Sunday 18 April 2010

Does blogging really make you feel like Carrie Bradshaw?!

After sitting watching ALOT of Sex and the City whilst off sick (more about that later I am sure!) I thought that I haven't written for a while.  At best I dabbled before but I havent written many words of late.  That combined with wanting to keep in touch with my faraway friends I wondered....
"Is blogging the answer?"
I have a friend I knew blogged and after reading theirs I thought maybe it is.  I think alot about everything and things just seem to happen to me; on a daily basis I am heard saying "never a dull moment!"  So maybe this could be the way forward.
In Sex and the City, Carrie manages to pose very interesting questions and answer them, be funny, entertaining and wear amazing shoes.  How on earth do I think I can compare!  I like shoes, although have nowhere near as many pairs, am not living a single girl life in New York and am sure I am pretty boring in comparisson.  On the other hand I am living real life as I am sure many people are and maybe safety in numbers may work!
I want to be able to write down the contents of my brain, wonder openly and share humerous tales which are present and past and hopefully cause a few smiles along the way.  Maybe someone somewhere is having similar issues or worst case scenario everyone laughs heartily at my sorry excuse for a brain and thanks their lucky stars that they aren't me!  Either way I suppose I cant complain!
So considering the options, and short of getting a contract with a newspaper to write a weekly column, then YES blogging could well be the answer!

5 comments:

  1. yay!!! so glad you are blogging!! and you do have amazing shoes!! (I won't ask about Mr Big! LOL)

    looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading people's blogs - I never fail to be amazed by my fellow human beings - welcome to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - welcome to the blogosphere, really enjoyed this first post, I know what you mean about imagining yourself as Carrie Bradshaw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://tattooedmummy.blogspot.com/2010/04/ha-ha-meme.html

    you've been tagged over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete